Re: Darwin Awards Fw: Speedo

On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 10:53:59AM -0800, Ellen Northam wrote:

> I can think of at least one honorable mention Darwin
> Award that is true: there is even an NTSB report out
> there about it (sorry I can't remember the number).  A
> guy tied a whole bunch of balloons to his lawn chair
> and proceeded to sit down in the chair with a shotgun
> in lap.  He floated up through LAX's airspace, hence
> the NTSB report.

This is true. He was from a town near me originally... He became a hermit
after that, and removed his grey matter with a shotgun blast in some
national park a couple years ago.

Dan

--
It seemed to me that any civilization that had so far lost its head as to
need to include a set of detailed instructions for use in a package of

--Douglas Adams, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish (Wonko the Sane)