Re: Darwin Awards Fw: Speedo

I'd like to confirm two things;

1. The rocket strapped to the roof has been researched and AFAWeK is
Urban Legend. Too bad too.
2. Darwin Awards, in and of themselves are not, by default, fictitious
stories. They are retellings and as such may have been fabricated at
origin. But they are not _meant_ to be 'just stories'.

As to 140 in a street Scirocco; I can bend the needle past 100 in my '81
with a 1.8 'old assed motor' in it now. It takes less than a mile to get
to this speed, on flat ground, and it helps if it's at night, temp wise.
140 mph is not far away at this point, I _belive_ I could cruise at that
speed w/ 150 HP or so on tap and a few minor air stream improvements.
We all know it didn't drive off the lot like this though.  ;)

TBerk