Re: grounds

At 12:16 AM 02/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Well, it looks like I *have* to take the second half of December off
>(comp time:  use it or lose it!) and I figured it would be a good time to
>do lots of car stuff. I figure that since bad grounds are the of anything
>that can possibly go wrong with a Scirocco (including the electrical
>gremlins that I have) I should go ahead and just replace all of the
>ground straps.  My question is "where are they?"  I know there's one from
>the coil to the cylinder head and another on the transmission.  Are there
>any more?  Are there other ground "trouble spots?"
>
>Thanks,
>Brian
>
>'82 Scirocco (aka "Fritz")
>'85 Jetta
>GO HOKIES!!!

I plan on doing the exact same thing within the week. Upgrading the neg.
ground straps and improving the groungs on my rocco and rabbit.

Which ground straps do I 'upgrade' and to what size.  I think that there's
the one from the battery neg. post to the tranny.  The alt. will be
grounded to the head/block. Are there any others? I can't remember where
they all are?

BTW, what does the ground strap from the fender (or there abouts) to the
hood do?  Is it necessary cuz the one on the rocco is broke!

TIA

Sal

81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (with all the goodies)