rain sensor, was : Rear hatch with no wiper?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Hello

> > I even have installed a rain sensor for my front wipers, it's the smartest
> > piece of electronic  I have in that car.
>
> How did you install it? What car did it originally come on and where did
> you find it?

VW sells it also as a replacement-kit for the usual wiper-relay.
It costs about 270DM from the VW stealership,
but I think it's cheaper to get it directly from the manufacturer.
( btw, I got mine for free :-)

the installation is plug&play.
simply exchange the wiper-relays, the new one has a trim poti &  a wire that you
can run up to the mirror, hidden behind the black window-rubber seals.
Behind the mirror on the inside of the screen, within the range of the wipers
the sensor itself is attached, it measures through the glass.

Greetings
Dirk