[Fwd: [gti-vr6] CA Bay Area Dec Drive (long)]

>From the GTI VR6 list, but all VW's are welcome... I'd like to go
but I don't think I can make it... still need to get a Scirocco
gig going by the bay in the next month or so!

-kc-

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [gti-vr6] CA Bay Area Dec Drive (long)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:23:55 -0800
From: "Tom Fabic" <fabic.tom@ssd.loral.com>

Greetings All,

It seems the time has come for yet another drive.  I was hoping to get a
cruise going to Carmel for December, but we never got a chance to
finalize a route for the drive, so instead, we'll have the drive to
Mount Hamilton.  Details are as follows:

December 11th
Meet at 11:00AM
At New Dimensions

New Dimensions Ltd.
2240 De La Cruz Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95050

>From New Dimensions, we will go down 101 to highway 680, and exit on
Alum Rock.  From there we will go northeast on Alum Rock Ave. until we
hit Mount Hamilton Road.  We make a right, and go up the mountain for
the next 45 min to an hour.  Once on top of the mountain, we can rest at
the James Lick Observatory.  Tim from New Dimensions was kind enough to
donate some prizes which will be raffled off on summit.  Please bring a
snack and drink as there are no stores to my knowledge once we get
there.

I look forward to finalizing the cruise to Carmel for January, and any
suggestions on routes are more than appreciated.  We had a great turn
out for the Nov. drive, and John added a clip off of one of the tapes.
you can find it on our web site at:

http://members.tripod.com/jguidice/

We will be using the Motorola TalkAbouts on channel 4-1 during the drive
for communication.  Any Motorola TalkAbout radio will work.

Cheers,

Tom Fabic