Stalling Rocco Solved!

It took me a while to figure it out but I think that I corrected what
seemed to be a fucking nightmare.

The wolfie kept dieing on me at every stop light.  It was more predominant
after a long haul on the highway and then coming to a complete stop. It
would not want to idle and I would have to constantly give it gas! It would
continue stallling at every stop light and it would take forever to regain
a proper idle.  I fixed the vacuums thinking that there was a vacuum leak,
but to no avail.  I'm gonna upgrade the negative ground straps this
weekend, but tonight I decided to disconnect the O2 sensor.  VOILA!
Problem solved.  Took the ole rocco on the highway, got her up 170km/h and
came to a complete stop at a stop light.  No stalling and no bad idling.

Now the question is:  do I just drive the car around without an O2 sensor
or shall I go buy one!

Thanks for listening.

Sal
(now if I can only get the rabbit started)
81 Scirocco
81 Scirocco S (with all the goodies)
84 Rabbit (now Gti)
84 Scirocco Wolfsburg