Re: Stalling Rocco Solved!

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> It took me a while to figure it out but I think that I corrected what
> seemed to be a fucking nightmare.
>
> The wolfie kept dieing on me at every stop light.
> ...but tonight I decided to disconnect the O2 sensor.  VOILA!
> Problem solved.  Took the ole rocco on the highway, got her
> up 170km/h and came to a complete stop at a stop light.
> No stalling and no bad idling.
>
> Now the question is:  do I just drive the car around without
> an O2 sensor or shall I go buy one!
>
> Thanks for listening.
>
> Sal

The answer is Yes & Yes.

You can run without it but it wont run right and you should shop around
an get a replacement.

O2 sensor stuff I know;

- Sulfur and platinum don't mix. Don't let WD-40 & other non-O2 safe
stuff into the engine.
- They don't last forever, may 30K, maybe 50K, maybe more but we all
talk about 100 and 200K vehicles.
-Sensors mounted way up near the engine get hot fast, those farther down
the stream need the three wires to preheat them up to operating temp.
Poor mileage and greater emissions are the result of a too cold O2.
- In some cases they can be a b*tch to get off. I haven't had this
problem but a special wrench may help get it out if it's in an awkward
position. Thread compound is nice but don't let it get on the tip, keep
it on the threads. (The Bosch unit I got had some procoated on there
already.)
-That's all I can think of for now, gotta go.

TBerk
I love it when someone diagnoses their stuff.