Fw: Speedo

<x-charset iso-8859-1><snip>
> Actually its not true, that's why its a Darwin award. Look it up.

How do you know they aren't true?  It was my understanding that the Darwin
awards were awards given to people who killed themselves or maimed
themselves in the stupidest way possible.  So, why would the put something
on there that wasn't true??  Am I wrong listers?  Is there anyone out there
that knows this answer?

<snip>
> I think the original goal was to do 140 in a street driven Scirocco.
> Throw enough money into anything and you can pretty much go however fast
> you want to go. Add in the street driven factor and whoa, you've got a
> challenge! 140 is not that big of a deal on the grand scheme of things
> until you look at a Scirocco from a mechanical point of view. They're
> basic transportation and NOT performance vehicles. that's why they're so
> appealing to so many is that although the fact is these cars are only
> basic transportation, they still show signs of being capable of a certain
> level of performance. Considering all of this, a streetable 140 mph
> Scirocco is very rare.

I think the ORIGINAL goal was to find a 140 mph speedo for my Rabbit (that
will do it by the way).  The statement that I was responding to was that
someone said the scirocco MK1 couldn't do 140.  So, I figured if the Trans
Am Series took the MK1 scirocco and made it do 160+ on the track in 1975 or
76, I would think that 25yrs later there are quite a few street legal
sciroccos that can do 140+.  Sean, you added to this yourself when you were
reflecting back on your Tribal Police days and doing 152mph, remember!
Anyway, lets just be entertained and learn from the list, not nit pick and
think we all need to be in competition with each other.  I JUST WANTED A
STINKIN SPEEDO!!!

Dave