Re: Fw: Speedo

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999 23:42:46 -0800 "Dave and Carol Ewing"
<dcewing@prodigy.net> writes:

>How do you know they aren't true?

Because this crap went around the net YEARS ago which was proven to be a
part of a web site which posts stories that are good enougn to be true,
but arent.
Besides, this story had alot of variances from teller to teller.

 It was my understanding that the
>Darwin
>awards were awards given to people who killed themselves or maimed
>themselves in the stupidest way possible.  So, why would the put
>something
>on there that wasn't true??

Because its a funny story. As is the guys who were ice fishing with
dynamite, threw a lit stick and the dog fetched it back ect ect. Funny
story, but NOT true.

>Am I wrong listers?

Of course.

> Is there anyone out there that knows this answer?

Yah, dont take my word for it. Look it up.

>I think the ORIGINAL goal was to find a 140 mph speedo for my Rabbit
(that
>will do it by the way).  The statement that I was responding to was that
>someone said the scirocco MK1 couldn't do 140.  So, I figured if the
Trans
>Am Series took the MK1 scirocco and made it do 160+ on the track in 1975
or
>76, I would think that 25yrs later there are quite a few street legal
>sciroccos that can do 140+.

I understood your point. Im simply dissagreeing with you is all. You fail
to recognize that the TA series cars were DEDICATED RACE CARS. Thats all
im pointing out to you. I also said that I didnt think a 140 mph Scirocco
is not impossible either. Damn rare but not impossible.

> Sean, you added to this yourself when you were
>reflecting back on your Tribal Police days and doing 152mph, remember!

David, I also pointed out that it was hugely gravity assisted and also
gave the actual speed figures of the car, remember!

>Anyway, lets just be entertained and learn from the list, not nit pick
and
>think we all need to be in competition with each other.  I JUST WANTED
>A STINKIN SPEEDO!!!

Dissagreeing with you is in no way nit picking. Nor was I trying to
compete with you. (Whatever that means exactly.) If you cant handle the
conversation aspect of the list, (or any list) you might want to consider
not posting because SOMEBODY will probably reply to what you say and from
the looks of things, that might upset you. I dont want that.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and