Re: Idle Problems

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:52:07 -0500 Slim <falzsf@home.com> writes:
>    Hello all I am new to this list.

Welcome-welcome.

>I have a 1985 VW scirocco. It is in
>decent shape. I just order Upper stress Bars and Lower stress bars
>(front) Also new front/rear sway bars. I can hardly wait to put 'em in
>anyway on to the problem.... When I start my (cold) it has a hard time
>idleing. When I start off in first gear it kinda hesitates, also it
>idles erracticly.  After it warms up it runs fine. WIERD EH?

No actually this is a very common problem.

>I think may
>be running lean. It is fuel injected 1.8L 8V (I want a 2.0 16v!!! If i
>can ever find one cheap heheh)

Theres no such thing as cheap. You'll never find someone with a complete
motor (Or any other desirable part) just wanting to get rid of it. Plan
on spending some money.

>    Also I have been wanted to put an oil pressure gauge in. The problem
>is that I want to keep the idiot light connector on the block. So what I
>need is a T connector problem is I can;t find a metric threaded T
>connector anyware up here in canada!! AHHHHHH any ideas where I can
>get such I kit??

Where does the oil pressure switch mount on your motor? On the oil filter
housing, right?
If so, all you need to do is open the small port on the side of the head
and mount your oil pressure sender unit there.

> (I think i have cis-e actually.

No, you have CIS. If you have a knock sensor then its CIS-E.

>Another thing worth noting is that there is a wierd
>busing sound coming from the fuell distributor it isnt always there it
>comes and goes? Any ideas???

Its normal and actually should buzz constantly.

>Geeezzzz lotz of question hope you gents have some ideas!!
>Thanks again
>Shawn Falzarano

Anybody ever told you that you spell your name like a girl?  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and