Re: Left-side Intake

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:35:01 -0700 (PDT) archive@porknet.fdns.net writes:
>Hey,
>
>Just thinking about things to mess with under the hood I thought of
moving
>the intake boot and fuel distributor to the left side like in a
golf/jetta
>and changing the intake to the left-handed variety. Has anyone attempted
>this?

Its dooable. You only need to aquire all the fuel lines/intake
boots/intake manifold/fuel distributor and related bracketry to make it
work.

>I think it would be nice to have more space on the right side of the
>hood. Where should I move the windshield washer tank and PS fluid
cylinder
>to?

Just move it to where its located on A2 cars since the right hand
intakesystem is only found on those cars.

>It bugs me to try and access the clutch cable, timing hole cap, etc
>because I have such large hands that can't fit through the jungle of
ducts
>and wires that easily. I'm sure there is a reason that the intake was
>moved to the right side for the Scirocco, but maybe it can be worked
>around in a different way.

Actually, it was that way on the Scirocco long before it was located on
the passenger side on later cars.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and