Re: Idle Problems

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> >    Also I have been wanted to put an oil pressure gauge in. The problem
> >is that I want to keep the idiot light connector on the block. So what I
> >need is a T connector problem is I can;t find a metric threaded T
> >connector anyware up here in canada!! AHHHHHH any ideas where I can
> >get such I kit??
>
> Where does the oil pressure switch mount on your motor? On the oil filter
> housing, right?
> If so, all you need to do is open the small port on the side of the head
> and mount your oil pressure sender unit there.

Ok well i checked the motor and I have three places the car has oil
pressure/temp sensors. Two on the back of the oil filter (where it connects)
and one on the side of the block (toward the middle of the car. I should note
that I have the karmann edition scirocco and it also has digital oil temp
readout (possibly the third sensor for oil.

> > (I think i have cis-e actually.
>
> No, you have CIS. If you have a knock sensor then its CIS-E.

I looked and according to HAYNES (i hate those book and have the vw manual
coming) the knock sensor is by the is by the 3 and 4 cylinders or 1 and 2
cylinders at the front of the engine. I couldn't find them so I guess i do
have cis

> Anybody ever told you that you spell your name like a girl?  :)

Now now it is better than SE AN or SHAAA UN hehhehe