Re: Fwd: Performance Cooling Questions

T Berk wrote:

> Phosphate free is so it's less reactive in the cooling system. Two or
> more type of metals, Hot Hot temps, H2O- recipe for chemical
> destruction. Leading to mechanical destruction. :(

Oh, I get it. So, its no better at cooling -just easier on the cooling system...
Gotcha...

> How much more trouble to strap on a K'Nock system?

That wouldn't be an amazing amount of trouble. The only thing is that it'll undo
whatever benefits that I've got with my moderately high compression ratio (10.8:1).
That is, if the knock sensor just dials back the timing and reduces power anyway,
then what's the point? I'd rather find another way, short of running race gas on the
street, to reduce the pinging.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut