Re: Fwd: Performance Cooling Questions

"Scott F. Williams" wrote:

> All this performance cooling stuff has gotten me into question mode. Since my
> car's high compression (10.9:1) motor has no knock sensor installed on it,
> keeping the head cool is vital to prevent preignition and keep the hp. I've
> already got some Redline waterwetter and a lower temp fan switch/thermostat in
> there which help keep things from boiling. However, I've still got to keep the
> lid cooler.
>
> So, whats this phosphate stuff that I'm reading about? And how about those
> reverse flow and propolyne glycol systems that I used to read about in VW &
> Porsche magazine. -remember that "Lurching to Success" series?
>
> JLuk77@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Josh Lukasik, currently running the green antifreeze because i couldn't find
> > the no phosphate stuff within walking distance.
>
> --
> Scott F. Williams

Phosphate free is so it's less reactive in the cooling system. Two or
more type of metals, Hot Hot temps, H2O- recipe for chemical
destruction. Leading to mechanical destruction. :(

I remember the magazine articles. I don't know who would support such a
thing in the here and now.

How much more trouble to strap on a K'Nock system?

TBerk