Re: Another Scirocco page!

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999 18:29:27 GMT gforbess@ibm.net (Gordon Forbess)
writes:

>The paint is original, except for the hood - which is now the worst
>looking panel on the car.  The photos don't show the door dings, ski
>dings, crap falling from the garage rafters in earthquake dings, and
>miscellaneous other imperfections that have accumulated in 165k miles.

Ah, I see. I think most everybody who drives a car accumulates these no
matter what precautions we take.

>I know the exact Porsche color you refer to.  My nephew recently
>acquired a 96 (I think) turbo.  First reaction to seeing it is the
>same with everybody who knows my car..  "It's the color of your
>Scirocco!"  Unless it's family, I don't advise anyone to approach an
>owner of a $100k Porsche and do this, however.  At least say something
>nice about his rims first.

LOL!! Yah, I bet thats a touchy subject!  :)

>Thanks Shawn, but the owner/driver, owner/driver's wife, left tie rod
>end, and wheel/tire combo aren't quite ready for this yet.  It is on
>the "to do" list, however.
>Gordon
>75 Mk I/Drave 1.9 8V

Well maybe someday you will come out and play with us. it would be great
to meet you (Athem, and your car<G>) if you could somehow end up at the
staduim tomorrow. There will be at least 3 there and maybe 5 of us from
the list there. (Kevin will probably show up  at the 6th run group if at
all.) The more the merrier. Ill save a spot for you in the pits!
:)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and