Re: Another Scirocco page!

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:48:45 -0600, you wrote:

>Wow!  I checked out your page, and that's one sweet 75.  I would love to
>have a 75...the first Scirocco in the States.  What happened to the
>original engine?  That's so cool that you're original owner on a 1975
>car!  How much longer do you plan to keep it?  I would assume forever...

The original 1471cc block was useless for building a 1.9, and was
recycled years ago.  The original head and intake, as modified by
Drake, is still in the car.  I also appreciate the unique character of
the 75 model, as it was a bit closer to the aircooled cars I learned
to wrench on, but the later cars are *much* better platforms for
building a hotrod.

I have no plans to part with this vehicle.. just to keep improving it.

Thanks for the kind words,

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9 8V