Re: questions....

A 6spd conversion would only make sense on a close-ratio tranny. If you did it on
a wide-ratio tranny, you'd end up with a 6th gear that was basically the same as
your 5th gear.
To make an 8v (JH, I assume) go faster: shave the head down a bit, port and
polish the intake, bigger throttle body, K&N, header or dual outlet
manifold/downpipe setup, high flow or no cat, depending on where you are, good 2"
exhaust, G-grind cam. This should net you about 130bhp, I think, if done right
and the engine is in good shape.
    -Josiah
    '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
    '84 GTi (running again!)
    '86 Scirocco
    '87 QSW
    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
    Need something? See all my crap for sale at:
    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah/forsale/forsale.html

Chad wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         a few more questions from me.......
>
> Is that euro fuel injection from RPI worth using? Besides the pricetag, is
> it worth putting on my 84 8v? Is it compatible with the recurved distributor
> from
> VWP? Can I use that dist on my car? Im not sure if she has a knock sensor.
>
> I want to tweak this 1.8 8v......what is the best thing that I can do for it.
> Its just a street car. Short of dropping a 16v in, I basically want a small
> monster!! Is a 6spd conversion worth doing on a 8v wide ratio tranny?
>
> Sorry that turned into alot of questions!!!
>
> TIA,
> Chad

- --
 '83 Scirocco (not for long!)
 '84 Rabbit GTi
 '86 Scirocco
 '87 QSW
 http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
 I have lots of VW (especially A1) stuff for sale at: