Re: getting an A3 2.0 8v..

On Thu, 03 Sep 1998 00:12:13 -0400 nigel@psycode.com (Nigel Heron)
writes:
>hey guys,
>
>i just found myself an A3 2.0 crossflow 8v out of a 94-95 jetta
>it comes w/ the complete electronics including the motronic and the
>entire fuse box and harness.

Bastard!

>the transmission (anyone know the code?)

What is this? A quiz? Or are you just too lazy to look at it yourself?
(Dont MAKE me drive all the way there to just read the tranny code dude!)
   :)

> w/ the clutch and flywheel,
>alternator w/ the pulleys (the flat belt one), and all the fuel stuff.
>the only parts i'll be missing is the o2 sensor, the exhaust manifold,
>and the air box (but i'll use a p-flow anyway)
>i'm picking it up for 1800$ can = 1,160 $US

BASTARD!!! Damn good price if it all had low miles ..... um, I mean KM's
on it!

>can someone tell me which cars i can get dual exhaust manifolds from?
>78-80 roccos/rabbits, right?

yes, but I dont know if it fits the crossflow head or not.

>what about diesels?

yes, same as above.

>do A2 dual manifolds/downpipes fit?

They do not. The A2 manifold is offset and it will run into the shift
linkage.

>or would this engine be better suited for headers?
>thanks,
>Nigel Heron
>86 Scirocco
>85 Scirocco Wolfsburg

Thats exactly what *I* was thinking. Why not go full bore with the swap
and install a set of headers? Sounds appropriate to me. My only question
is how is the exhaust ports configured. Same as the regular 8V heads, or
is it different? Hmm...

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and