Re: DSP Info, Shawn Meze

On Wed, 02 Sep 1998 07:49:31 -0600 "I.Mannix" <mannix@secretignition.com>
writes:

>long.  Local event, eh, who cares.  Shawn showed up with his at a local
>event recently, I don't think anyone said a thing about them.

Nobody said anything. The only comment I heard all day was Chris saying,
"what's this" when I first rolled in. I simply wasn't even fast that day
anyways so why should anybody say anything at all to an outsider. Too
many things wrong with the car and driver that day to be even remotely
competitive.
Besides that, if I beat anybody with my euro bumpers, NS race springs,
13X6 Yokohama's, and most of your participants were on 13X8+ Hoosiers,
coilovers, needs to look way beyond my bumpers.

> At some point, they do matter, and the "I have no
> experience/it makes up for the e-bumpers.....snip.

I agree, if you plan to get 100% into the autox scene and do more than
just destroy tires at the local events and you plan to possibly attend a
Nationals event, you need to abide by the rules 100% as well.

Since I don't plan on attending a Nationals within the next 10 years, the
Euro bumpers stay. If anybody wished to protest me that's just fine by
me. I understand the rules and I really don't care if I get protested
since it will not effect anything at all. I will have still have had
driven, still had fun (which is the real point anyways.)

Do what you want to do, just know there will be reprocutions if you
decide to load up your car with illegal parts and mods.

that's my input.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and