Re: [Tech] [5spd tranny] [rivet replacement]

I decided to do this with my new AGB also.  I've been advised that the only
person competant to do it happens to work at the dealer and it will cost
approx $350 to do it, as it requires the complete disassbly of the
transaxle.  What the hell, I'm doing it anyway.

Cheers,
Greg Faust

> Before I drop whatever close ratio I decide on into my '82 Scirocco, I am
> considering having the rivets that hold the ring gear to the carrier
> replaced with bolts.

- --