[Tech] [5spd tranny] [rivet replacement]

Before I drop whatever close ratio I decide on into my '82 Scirocco, I am
considering having the rivets that hold the ring gear to the carrier
replaced with bolts.

Anybody know of anyone (shop or individual) that can do this job?
(preferably somewhere between New Jersey and Virginia so that I can drop
the tranny off and pick it up.)

I am thinking of doing this based on info on the following page:

http://www.spiretech.com/~vw6spd/rivets.htm

Any advice will be appreciated . . .

Mark . . .
Scirocco 1982, Golf GT 1987
Previous Sciroccos: 1981S (RIP), 1980S, 1975TS, 1975