Re: F*#king Theives!

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:37:33 -0800 david liu <dyliu@pacbell.net> writes:

>so what now??

You rack it up as a victim experience and you start over. Unless you have
insurance, there is really nothing more you can do about it. Nobody ever
"sees" anything. People suck.

>even though my car is not worth too much ($-wise), i'm gonna buy a damn
>good alarm system that will deter theft of the vehicle, and scare
sh*tless
>anyone who comes near my car with ill intentions, and even better yet...
>electro-shock them unconcious!! while taking pictures of them in the
act,
>spraying them with a stench-filled odor and painting them with
industrial
>paint that will defy any means of washing it clean... and of course, any
>attempt on their part to clean themselves off will result in them
resorting
>to using sandpaper! (ooooh, how great this would be)

I would just settle for instant death. You don't belong in my car, your
in it, you die. I wouldn't mind dumping a body every now and then. It
would help rid my little corner of the world of petty thieves who
obviously didn't have a life to begin with or he wouldn't be stealing
shit from cars. Well, its a great fantasy but in this country, it will
never happen.

Something im seeing that all of you victims have in common are that it
sounds like you have desirable "stuff" laying all over the car, no? CD's,
Cell Phones, CD changers, stuff. Im not anal about keeping my car clean,
but I do try to keep that sort of stuff out of sight as much as possible.
I will have paper laying around on the back seats from time to time but
you get the point. I don't stick CD's in the door pockets or in the
center console. I don't have a case for my CD's either. I listen to one
CD and leave the CD case at the house. I also don't leave loose change in
the car.
You see, I try to make it to where there is nothing the thief will want
in my car that he can steal easily.

>i will no longer store valuable items in the car overnight or for any
>lenght of time. i will use an alarm. i will detach the face plate off
the
>stereo (if i ever get another stereo) .

Good idea! My detachable face reveals a blinking LED which looks like an
alarm is present. I don't have an alarm, don't believe they do the job
and in fact, think they're more of a hassle than they're worth. They do
more to irritate the owner and the surrounding neighbors than they do to
ward off potential thieves.
Something that I will eventually be getting around to afford is a LOJAC
system. You wont be able to prevent people from breaking into your car.
Wont happen but you can invest a little ($500 is not a little but its a
good investment) money to help the police find your car much quicker than
if it didn't have it.
The kid in Colorado who had his corrado stolen would of had it back 3
days sooner than he did if he had it installed in his car. He found it
himself and then blamed the cops for it. Whatever. My goal is to prevent
a car thief from ultimately stripping my car.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and