Re: F*#king Theives!

chris,

i know EXACTLY how you feel (or pretty damn close!)

just LAST NIGHT (THANKSGIVING, mind you..) i had my stereo, cd changer, two
BRAND NEW phones (worth $440 total) stolen from my '87 scirroco that was
parked next to my driveway right underneath our street light!@!!!

there was pry-damage to my passenger side door, and some to the stereo
console. they managed to f**k up my wiring such that my power locks,
digital clock, and gas flap don't function..
i had thought they took the camera that was in my glove compartment, but
apparently they dropped it while still inside the car (i found it on the
floor!). so, i figure it was some punk kid around my neighborhood who did
this since we live in a rural, upper-middle class area.. (some upper-middle
class punk kid causin' sh*t - and when i find the culprit(s))...

anyway.. the cd changer face plate WAS detachable (though i had left it on
- and for months already), the cell phone charger was plugged in and
emmiting its green light (as opposed the to my other cell phone charger
which was in the glove compartment, left untouched, along with the other
cell phone!) the cd's in my changer were of the FREE bmg variety (except
for my beloved miles davis "kind of blue") and while originally the car
came with a basic ungo alarm system, i had taken the thing out of the car
for months already...

so what now?? (for karma-based reasons i will not wish those who did this
to me and my car - death, or at least the loss of some limb (preferrably an
eye, finger, hand, toe, foot, or tongue), severe migranes forever, an early
death, struck by lightening, rotting internal organs, e. coli infection or
some variety of some severe disease, etc.. or anything that will cause
unending PAIN AND SUFFERING!!!!) but again, for karma-based reasons, i do
not wish the above listed items to affect those who did this injust
action...  ; )

even though my car is not worth too much ($-wise), i'm gonna buy a damn
good alarm system that will deter theft of the vehicle, and scare sh*tless
anyone who comes near my car with ill intentions, and even better yet...
electro-shock them unconcious!! while taking pictures of them in the act,
spraying them with a stench-filled odor and painting them with industrial
paint that will defy any means of washing it clean... and of course, any
attempt on their part to clean themselves off will result in them resorting
to using sandpaper! (ooooh, how great this would be)

i will no longer store valuable items in the car overnight or for any
lenght of time. i will use an alarm. i will detach the face plate off the
stereo (if i ever get another stereo) .

funny thing... in my trunk were documents that are MUCH more valuable than
the material goods they stole.. the intellectual property was left
untouched. (funny how thieves work, eh?) not too bright....

so this is my story. and tomorrow, i gotta work on the electrical system
and clean out the car so that there's NOTHING in it..

be safe! (and watch out for your karma)

dave