Re: mono wiper / tyres(yoko's at present)

>From: "Lindsay Campbell" <lcampbell@zetnet.co.uk>

>- i am running 15" Yokohama's on a set of TSW's =
>at the moment but i am looking for a better tyre in the wet=20
>the Yoko is excellent in the dry but very very scary in the wet =

I understand how you feel with the Yoko A520s.  I have them on my GTI
VR6 (aka Golf VR6 on your side of the pond) and they ARE scary in the
rain.  I had Dunlop SP8000s on the car previously and they were really
good all around tires.  Living over there in England, I assume you put
your stock tires back on during the winter.  If not, be careful...the
SP8000s are terrible in the snow (and so are the A520s).

-Mike
95 GTI VR6
88 Scirocco 16V
87 Cabbie