Re: mono wiper / tyres(yoko's at present)

At 5:34 pm -0800 22/11/98, Mike VanAmburgh wrote:
>I understand how you feel with the Yoko A520s.  I have them on my GTI
>VR6 (aka Golf VR6 on your side of the pond) and they ARE scary in the
>rain.  I had Dunlop SP8000s on the car previously and they were really
>-Mike
>95 GTI VR6
>88 Scirocco 16V
>87 Cabbie

You think so?  I was just about to post the list about how much I liked my
520s in the rain.  Not having tried the SP8k or any other specialized
"rain" tire (RTT1, SP9k, Eagle F1 come to mind) I can't compare it to the
best, but the 520s do seem to plough through standing water fairly easily.
I would definitely recommend them as a great tire for wet and dry
performance *in their price range*.