Re: Fair price?

=
>I thought maybe I could describe the car a little and y'all could give
=
>me a little feedback on if this is a decent deal or not.  The car is a
=
>black '87 Scirocco 16v with 104,000 miles.  It is entirely free of rust
=
>and the paint and body are very good.  It doesn't have any power
options =
>except for a power driver side mirror, which doesn't work.

Does the car only have one mirror?  It's supposed to have one on both
sides and they both should be powered by the same switch.

> It runs =
>perfect except for a somewhat loose feeling transmission.

It's common for the shifter to feel loose.

>it are the non-working parking brake (I'm told they all break, no pun

Yeah, they do break a lot.  I just bought an 88 Scirocco and it too has
a broken parking brake.

With the problems you list, I wouldn't pay any more than 1800-1900 for
it.  2000 maybe if it's the only Scirocco for sale in the area and
you're desperate to have one.

-Mike