Re: spanish rocco/passat thingy

At 02:49 PM 11/10/98 , Owen wrote:

>I have no idea.  It seems to match the description of what people were
>talking about a week or so ago.  But it being a quantum, it looks totally
>different to any i've seen here.  Did they ever bring a fast back quantum
>to north america?

    Oops.. I wasn't "paying attention" a couple weeks ago. I... um... was sick that day. :)

    I thought I saw a Quantum badge on the car... so that's most likely what it was-- from the front it was very Scirocco.. but from the profile and the rear 3/4, it looked very much like the Rover 3500 that we had in the states in '80 and '81... (I love those cars, btw, if you ever have a chance to drive one, go for it! They're a blast! It's not every day you get to drive an English Sports-Saloon with a 3.5 Litre V8. Yum)

>                         Does look like a rover though.  Did you see the
>exact same car that was vw badged or was it something different.  That
>isuzu impulse has the same headlights as mk2 roccos, but i'm sure you ruled
>that out already.  maybe it was a rover?
>      Looks weird for a VW

    Definitely was a VW.  The whole car looked like a Scirocco through a magnifying glass with 4 doors... it's very cool looking, I thought.  Definitely not an Impulse, this fucker was big.  As soon as you said "Quantum fastback", a bell rung... that's exactly what it should have been called.. and, therefore, probably was. :)
    All I know is that i want one. :)
       Jason

jason@scirocco.org
1987 Scirocco 16v