Re: adjustable cam sprocket

Hey Aaron,

yeah, I know about the tri-y, but I got a very good
deal on the 4 in 1, and it has short primaries and
smaller diameter inlets and collector diameter.
So, I think it'll be ok for street use.
I do realize the sprocket just moves the hp/torque
around, but does it do it effectively?
If I advance it and move the peaks down, will it just
defeat the purpose of the headers and cam?

I've got the 5k TB on the way, now I just have to find
someone to port the manifold to match.......

Alex Ting
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
8303 Sierra College Blvd., Suite 150
Granite Bay, CA 95746

Phone: 888-801-2001 or 916-797-9998
Fax: 916-797-9997
Email: alex@millenniumsolutions.net

----------
> From: Aaron D. Patton <apatton1@airmail.net>
> To: Alex Ting <alex@millenniumsolutions.net>; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: adjustable cam sprocket
> Date: Tuesday, November 10, 1998 12:31 PM
>
> You'll be better off with a tri-y header and a 2.0" exhaust for street
use.
> The adjustable cam sprockets don't really add any hp, they just allow you
> adjust where the peak is.  You should be able to do the same thing by
> adjusting your timing.
> If you haven't already you will definately want to upgrade to a bigger
Audi