Re: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:39:35 -0700 Iain Mannix <mannix@privatei.com>
writes:

>>Name the 3 books ;-).  I am telling you it all started as a typo.
>>Where is Potterman the God of useless VW Trivia.  The Scirocco has 1
>>chasis style and 2 body styles.  According to MY books of European
>>author & decent etc, a MkII is a 1984.5->1992 Golf/Jetta.
>
>I can name one book.  _VW GOLF_and_Derivatives_ by John Blunsden.  He
has a
>chapter titled "Scirocco Marks 1 and 2, Golf performance with coupe
style."
>Hmmmm.

I could give a couple more but then i'd have to go back to Barns & Noble
to get the book titles and author names. (B&N is way better than the
library! Plus they have Starbucks! Makes reading kinda hard while your
vibrating there in your cozy chair but hey.. )

>I've always associated A-1-2-3 with chassis, Mk1-2 with bodystyles.  All
>Sciroccos, be it Mark 1 or 2, are A1 chassis.  The Mk1 "Golf" happens to
be
>an A1 chassis, the M2 an A2 - but the "A" is chassis, Mark = body.

Thats how I have always thought of it too.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and