Re: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

somebody wrote:
> Name the 3 books ;-).  I am telling you it all started as a typo.

There is a Scirocco world beyond this list... the Mk1/Mk2 designations are
used commonly out there, so it wasn't some list typo or list thing.  "VW
Motoring" (English magazine) commonly uses Mk1 to refer to the early
Scirocco (--->81) and Mk2 to refer to the late Scirocco (82---->).    "VW
Power and Style" by Ian Kuah also uses the same designations.  I've met
other Scirocco owners who knew nothing of this list (and didn't even own a
computer! <gasp>) who use the same desginations.   If it wasn't 2am I'd dig
for more examples....

A1 = Scirocco chassis type (along with rabbit...cabriolet.... etc....)

Mk1/Scirocco 1  = early body style
Mk2/Scirocco 2  = late body style

Guess we all have out pet peeves... right Shawn? ;) (and I like my shirt
just how it is, thankyou!)

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm