Re: chassis designations - decipher please. (a1,a2,a3..)

Hello all !

> somebody wrote:
> > Name the 3 books ;-).  I am telling you it all started as a typo.
>
> There is a Scirocco world beyond this list... the Mk1/Mk2 designations are
> used commonly out there, so it wasn't some list typo or list thing.  "VW
> Motoring" (English magazine) commonly uses Mk1 to refer to the early
> Scirocco (--->81) and Mk2 to refer to the late Scirocco (82---->).    "VW
> Power and Style" by Ian Kuah also uses the same designations.  I've met
> other Scirocco owners who knew nothing of this list (and didn't even own a
> computer! <gasp>) who use the same desginations.   If it wasn't 2am I'd dig
> for more examples....
>
> A1 = Scirocco chassis type (along with rabbit...cabriolet.... etc....)
>
> Mk1/Scirocco 1  = early body style
> Mk2/Scirocco 2  = late body style

in Germany it¥s usual for Scirocco drivers to say :

"53" for a Scirocco I (74-81)
"53b" for a Scirocco II (81-93)
"53i" for Corrados

these are the VW-codes for the different models in Germany

> ... right Shawn? ;) (and I like my shirt
> just how it is, thankyou!)

yes I like mine too - it¥s great !

best regards
Dirk Schneider

1983 black GTX Scirocco II, Mk2, 53b  :-)