Re: [scca] 7.7# wheels found!!!!

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Are you wacko dude??? And you WIN with that much pressure??? Damn! Well,
> if it works for you, then it must work....
>
> Hmmm. Perplexing isn't it!

I ran on Yokos this last season, 185s no less!  Hey, at $85 a tire new,
I couldn't refuse!  Next time BFGs for sure.

That's a big difference in suspension setup between our 2 cars, isn't it
Jim. (Keeping in mind im in DSP ect.) This is on your 87 16V is it?? I
take it your E-stocker is a bit tail happy?

Yea, I have to run low rears just to keep the tail from passing me!
Says a lot for the amount of negative camber on the fronts.  I think the
camber and the swaybar set my car on fire in the handling sense.  It is
so predictable and stable now.

> Most everybody I know that run the BFG R1's use low pressures. Albeit
> different numbers but much like street pressures. Mostly under 30 PSI.
> Gotta love them sidewalls!
>
> What is your competition like Jimbo? (What other cars are in your class with you?)

My main competition is Ron Conrad, (10th at nats) in a 1985 Honda Civic
wagon (man those things are light!), 1984 Wabbit GTi (my former car),
1985 Golf driven by Steve Miertz, my mentor and 2nd at nats in ProSolo
CSP in the Honda from hell.  That's in the region.  In the division, I
race against these guys plus Al Sheidler (1987? DS nats champ) in a
Dodge Turbo Colt (give it a long straight and she's gone!), John Fessler
in another fast Honda Civic Wagon like Ron Conrad's.  I guess my brush
with Solo II greatness came when I finished in third place, only a
second behind Dave Pearson in his Saturn SC2 at a CenDiv event (he went
on to win nationals).  That's who I've run with.  This year may find me
autocross-impared due to an impending house purchase, plus I will be
traveling and providing logistics for the VWoA trucks that will be at
all the bug-ins, bug-outs, Waterfest, and everything in between!  We'll
see!

Jim

--
A1 parts for sale:
… 14 x 6" alloy wheels, 38mm offset, very similar to TSW Hockenheim R
and the wheels on the new Golf IV with polished lip, 1 month old - $350
(ask and Iíll e-mail you a pic, they really are impressive).
… Borbet Type "C"s 14x6", 38mm offset, six spoke alloys, in great
condition, with added factory VW centercaps.  - $400
… big throttle body with ported & polished intake manifold for 8valve
motor with gaskets - $100
… stock Scirocco 16 valve front swaybar - $30
… Scirocco 16 valve taillight (drivers side) - $30
… Rabbit vinyl front end bra (ripped & repaired) - $10
… Rectangular H4 style headlamps with bulbs - $20 (pair)
… Corrado Steering wheel - $40
… Rabbit 4 button steering wheel - $30
… Dual Outlet Manifold - $100
(All prices do not include shipping)  I will ship all parts C.O.D.
e-mail me at VWpride@mixi.net