Re: [scca] 7.7# wheels found!!!!

Paul Krucke wrote:

> While pursuing ATS wheels ABD was the last know distributor, I spoke
> with Dave at ABD and they carry a line of wheels by Bogart (of drag
> racing fame) that in a 14x6 configuration weigh 7.7lbs and the beauty
> is these wheels are made to order with whatever backspacing/offset.
> So I could go with 14x6 32ET!!!!

Just make sure the wheels are approved for autocross or road racing.
Drag wheels are notorious for their lack of strength under cornering
loads and aren't designed for that stuff...just make sure what you're
getting isn't a drag wheel.

> Any comments?
>
> Thank god my wifes company who will be sponsoring us has agreed to pay
> for tires and wheels.  These wheels are $250.00 each.

You bastard!(No offense, Jason!) I hate you!!!! ;-)

> BTW:  how much does an BFG R1 weigh with say 38PSI.  Out of curisioty
> Mr. Jim Buck what pressures were you running in your E-Stock champ?

usually 36 front 32 rear, but that can really change with conditions and
with minor alignment adjustments, so you really have to experiment.
Just start really high, and bleed down.

Jim

--
Jim Buck,