Re: [scca] 7.7# wheels found!!!!

On Fri, 09 Jan 1998 00:30:58 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>You bastard!(No offense, Jason!) I hate you!!!! ;-)

Poor Jason.....  :)

>> Mr. Jim Buck what pressures were you running in your E-Stock champ?
>
>usually 36 front 32 rear, but that can really change with conditions and
>with minor alignment adjustments, so you really have to experiment.
>Just start really high, and bleed down.
>Jim
>
>--
>Jim Buck,
>ES #99
>1997 Solo II Points Champion,
>E-Stock Champion,

Are you wacko dude??? And you WIN with that much pressure??? Damn! Well,
if it works for you, then it must work....

Hmmm. Perplexing isn't it!

I have been playing with pressures for a year now with the R1's and have
just about dialed it in to 28 front, 35 rear for my car. (Notice the high
rear number indicating a understeer or PUSH problem.) That's a big
difference in suspension setup between our 2 cars, isn't it Jim. (Keeping
in mind im in DSP ect.) This is on your 87 16V is it?? I take it your
E-stocker is a bit tail happy?

Most everybody I know that run the BFG R1's use low pressures. Albeit
different numbers but much like street pressures. Mostly under 30 PSI.
Gotta love them sidewalls!

What is your competition like Jimbo? (What other cars are in your class
with you?)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and