oil pressure

hello all

i have a problem with my oil pressure idiot light.  It comes on with the
buzzer around 1800 rpm with the engine and oil fully heated up. I have an oil
pressure guage that santa got me this year.  It said fine about 15 psi.  THe
real kicker is i don't have the wire to the pressure sender from the factory
hooked up.  it is taped on the heater hose.  Any ideas?  is there another
sending unit i don't know about?

thankx
dave
85 Scirocco    8V