Re: Scirocco Copyright....?

At 09:07 PM 1/5/98 +0000, jbromley@enterprise.net wrote:
>Don't think so. Corrado is a perversion of "To Run" (ish). Only the
>car names from the 70s followed this theme (Golf, Passat, Scirroco,
>Jetta) What the heck does VENTO mean?
	Vento means wind, too, in some romance form or another. (Vent in french,
for example).
	You're right about Corrado, but in spanish, "to run" is used in
conjunction with wind: to say it's windy, you say something like "it runs a
lot of wind".
	Jetta is a newish name, and it still uses the wind scheme; as does Passat
and Golf.
	I think the only current models that don't use the wind scheme are the
Cabrio and the Van.