Seatbelts & Ignition

Hello

   About 8 or 9 years ago I went for a ride in a friends Rabbit (78
or so) and i noticed that the car wouldn't start if the seat belt was
not buckled.

 a friend drives an 87 Golf it does not start if the drivers belt is
not  buckled

My rocco starts with or without the belt  buckled but i would like
the rocco not to start if the belt is not bucled

  1)  Would it be a missing relay?
  2)  My rocco doesn't  have this system?

any sugestions

Thanks