Re: Seatbelts & Ignition

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Martin Rodriguez wrote:

> Hello
>
>    About 8 or 9 years ago I went for a ride in a friends Rabbit (78
> or so) and i noticed that the car wouldn't start if the seat belt was
> not buckled.
>
>  a friend drives an 87 Golf it does not start if the drivers belt is
> not  buckled
>

> My rocco starts with or without the belt  buckled but i would like
> the rocco not to start if the belt is not bucled
>

>   1)  Would it be a missing relay?
>   2)  My rocco doesn't  have this system?
>
> any sugestions
>

> Thanks

My god, why do you WANT this? My 78 Rabbit had more problems with that
system! First I had to jiggle the seat belt to get it to start(and
remember this was one of those that is attatched to the door)....then I
had to fully remove the system, grounded the wires to make it think that
the seatbelts were in all the time....

Eric