Re: oil pressure

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 19:16:24 EST HOT GTX <HOTGTX@aol.com> writes:
>hello all
>
>i have a problem with my oil pressure idiot light.  It comes on with the
>buzzer around 1800 rpm with the engine and oil fully heated up. I have
an oil
>pressure guage that santa got me this year.  It said fine about 15 psi.
THe
>real kicker is i don't have the wire to the pressure sender from the
factory
>hooked up.  it is taped on the heater hose.  Any ideas?  is there
another
>sending unit i don't know about?
>
>thankx
>dave
>85 Scirocco    8V

15 PSI at 1800 rpms?!?!?! Yikes! Ive got like 40 PSI ....... and at idle
its at 15-20. Well, one of 2 things will cause this problem. Bad oil
pump, or the oil is simply too thin. Since you say it happens when the
oil is warm, then id suspect the oil is the problem. Try going up a
thickness is viscosity and see what it does.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and