Re: cold start problems

I'd check vacuum lines and injector seals, and just general tune-up stuff, like
plugs cap rotor wires etc... I've had lots of VW's that do this, and it just kinda
feels like it takes awhile for them to "kick in". Usually replacing worn parts that
just generally make the car run badly will fix it, IME.
    Just my $.02
    -Josiah