Re: Vibration - Automatic Tranny

In a message dated 12/14/98 4:56:11 PM Pacific Standard Time,
brannigan.bryan@softhome.net writes:

>  My 86 8v vibrates really bad when it's idling in rev, drive ,1, or 2, but
>  in park and neutral it doesn't.  When I bought the car I didn't think it
>  was a big deal, the guy said he thinks its the flywheel.  But since I know
>  next to nothing about engines.... Anyway, any help would be great.  But
>  until i fix it, the girls seem to like it :)
>
>  Bryan -- 86 8v Scirocco (They call it the big dildo)

Bry,

I'm thinkin you have an auto. Have you considered replacing the fluid? It
would be a good preventative/ 'heck, it's been a long time' maintenance thing.

When the car is in Park or Neutral is has no load on the engine, well minimal.
When it's in Drive, etc it is slipping the clutch so to speak, the auto tranny
is connecting the axles to the engine, at least a bit. I'd think it was a
"Recondition the Tranny" and/or "Get a Tune Up" for better low idle under load
performance.

Autos will respond to new fluid if this is not the time to tear it apart.
Don't skimp, it's only 3 qts.

Contact me directly for a transcript of the I***T's guide to replacing worn
ATF.

TBerk