Re: Re: hot wiring!!!

In a message dated 12/14/98, 4:10:15 PM, josiah@gsinet.net writes:
<<
Since when are VW radios switched by the ignition? I've had like 14 VW's and
all of them have had non-switched power to the radio... from my '83 Scirocco
my '87 QSW. Did some of them come with switched power?
    -Josiah>>

I cant be sure when they switched but most current radios are tied to the key
switch. Stupid if you asked me, I'm not going to run the battery down but the
one time it would take me to learn my lesson. :)

Both my '90 Jetta and '89 Fox had the radio switched. All my older cars had
direct power.

Any car I get I rewire to hook the radio directly to a fused 12V source.

'81 - who knows, P.O. hacked wires. :( currently not off switch.
'84 GTI - Dammit yes, and I fixed that right away.
'78 - Don't yet know, haven't gotten back to it.

TBerk