Re: 6-speed trans or p&p 16v head?

In a message dated 12/14/98 5:42:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sfwilliams@worldnet.att.net writes:

> Assuming that I can hoof
>  the bill for the tranny, I think that this is the better way to go.
>  Comments?
>  --
>  Scott F. Williams

I'd think how sweet the deal is would weigh heavily. Is the 6-speed a great
catch at this time? Is the engine in good enough shape to torque a 6th gear at
speed or will it be soon? What is the other head option to fall back on, the
2.0's stnd head?

I like the 6-speed idea, and if it's on sale all the better. Seems the ported
head is common and readily available.

TBerk
Dreaming of an Audi 2.0 for Xmas, but I haven't been good enough.