Re: 6-speed trans or p&p 16v head?

"Scott F. Williams" wrote:

> The heavily modified head's benefit is more power ergo more speed. The
> question is, which pays off more in the end. Assuming that I can hoof
> the bill for the tranny, I think that this is the better way to go.
> Comments?

Strictly my own opinion, but I'd do the head before a 6-speed.  But I *like*
blasting down the freeway at 4k RPM at only 72 mph, barely able to hear
the radio.

BTW Potterman's had my car for almost 2 weeks now.  When I get it back, he
will have replaced the aging Bilsteins (under warranty, even though I'm not
the original owner - thanks Mike!), replaced all motor mounts, replaced
ancient stock exhaust with new TT job, replaced rear axle bushings, installed
new Neuspeed swaybars, replaced clutch cable (which was just about to break!),
and some other little crap I'm not remembering.  I already had new H&R
springs,
new control arms, new ball joints, new tie rods.. basically by now the
ENTIRE suspension will be new.  I can't wait to get it back - I'm
suffering withdrawals!!  My GTI just ain't near as fun to drive, believe
it or not...

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA