RE: fuel consumption records [LONG][16v]

Hey gang,
I admit it; I am *really* anal about my mileage.  I view my gas mileage as
the single most important sign of overall car health that you can measure
without any work.  I watch the trend for my mileage, and if I see it
dropping for no reason, I know something's up.  I have a database with
every single tank of gas I've used since my car had 28,813 miles on it.
I'm currently on tank number 79...

Below you will find a snippit of my database... there are fields I didn't
include-- like notes about when I added air pressure in the tires, when the
fuel tank was drained for the pumps, etc.  But when you average all the
numbers, you find my fuel economy has been 30mpg over the past 78 tanks.
Not bad, considering:

EPA Estimates for the 16v are 20 city and 28 highway
No doubt I drive a *lot* harder than the EPA did on their tests

My highway mileage is about 33, my in-town is about 29.  I can't wait to
get the 0.80 5th gear-- I would love to break my all-time high of 37 on a
stint from Florida where I averaged over 90mph for the whole tank... my
mileage seems to be its best right around the 80mph mark...

Anyways, in case you didn't know, these numbers are for an 87 16v w/ air
conditioning and Bridgestone Potenza RE-930s in stock size w/ teardrops
running about 33psi.  Lowering the car with the H&Rs didn't make any
appreciable difference.

So, what are you other 16v guys getting?

			Jason

Here's the list:

Odometer TRIP    Mileage
28,878	65.0	n/a		Car not full on purchase
29,236	357.6	27.85
29,553	317.3	31.29
29,959	406.1	32.47
30,343	383.7	37.32
30,695	352.1	30.10
31,060	365.0	29.59
31,368	308.1	29.03
31,699	330.9	28.49
32,055	356.1	30.19
32,400	344.8	27.80
32,766	366.5	31.25
33,110	344.1	27.51
33,494	384.5	32.11
33,887	392.5	30.51
34,250	362.3	33.20
34,322	72.1	35.51
34,695	372.9	28.10
35,071	376.4	31.85
35,447	376.4	31.35
35,772	324.8	28.96
36,090	318.1	30.43
36,456	366.1	31.10
36,796	339.4	26.74
37,146	350.6	28.77
37,449	302.8	25.29
37,787	337.9	28.04
38,184	397.0	31.99
38,517	333.1	33.67
38,857	339.8	26.75
39,173	315.9	31.57
39,501	328.1	26.57
39,834	333.6	30.47
40,151	316.3	27.67
40,522	371.3	29.92
40,910	387.8	30.51
41,247	337.3	26.77
41,597	349.4	31.68
41,967	370.6	30.12
42,301	334.4	25.88
42,623	322.0	27.38
42,983	359.3	28.53
43,375	392.4	33.60
43,685	310.1	24.56
44,055	370.2	29.59
44,453	397.1	33.07
44,874	421.3	32.00
45,213	338.9	33.08
45,582	369.5	30.42
45,961	378.6	29.88
46,336	374.9	30.59
46,722	386.5	30.24
47,074	351.6	27.25
47,438	364.4	29.18
47,831	392.4	36.90
48,155	324.3	30.05
48,524	368.2	33.14
48,919	395.3	31.60
49,294	375.6	29.09
49,640	345.5	30.12
50,001	360.6	29.47
50,363	362.5	28.23
50,776	412.9	31.82
51,143	366.9	31.60
51,545	402.1	32.39
51,931	385.9	31.11
52,291	360.3	31.75
52,678	386.6	32.41
53,027	349.4	33.68
53,406	378.7	29.78
53,810	404.0	31.11
54,214	n/a		n/a       No mileage possible cuz
54,307	497.4	n/a		I didn't fill tank.
54,579	271.7	32.14	(Last 3 stops)
54,965	386.1	29.07
55,349	383.8	31.48