RE: fuel consumption records

Jason,

thanks for sharing your fuel consumption, good to have something to
compare to.

Now, first off, I think that 1 US gallon is about 3.75 liters.  If my
memory from Chemistry serves me right.

Second, I have also been keeping track of my fuel consumtion. But I do it
a bit differently than you did.  Here's what I do.  I always fill up all
the way.  I always reset the trip odometer when refilling (after
recording the previous reading) I always record the number of gallons
purchased (since the price varies alot in the SF bay area).  This way I
have a record of how much gas I used (the # of gallons to fill is the
same as the #used because I'm filling to the same point (all the way
full)), and of how far I drove on that gas.

I don't have the numbers with me, but it's right around 27-30 mpg. I do
mostly commuter driving in stop & go traffic. And I use the 92 octane
(supreme, here in SFBA).

It would be interesting to see what others are getting.  And if anyone is
interested I could get the numbers I have and post them??

NOTE:  I put on some 14" wheels with USED tires on them. I notices a big
drop in mpg's. I'm now back to the 13" until I can afford a full set of
dunlops.

Jonas
85 Scirocco.