Trans options. . Broke my Tranny again

OK my Tranny was making weird buzzing noises so I put some tranny fluid in and
it's not as load but it leaks even more now. .
So I got to tget a new tranny . .
Well I got to 3 options and some sub options. .

1. Have the old tranny rebuilt into a Rally crash box with shortened 1st
through 4th gear with stock 5th or same 1st to 4th with longer 5th or shortend
1st to 4th with longer 5th from a Rally guy in the area for 500 bucks flat. .
not bad . ..  no synchro no clutch shifting sounds like a plast for autocross
and track . . street to . .

2. Just get another 16v tranny $425 with minimal warrenty which always runs
out 500 miles before the dmn thing breaks

3. Get a newer tranny from a 95 VW $800 . . Suposedly stronger with diffrent
gearing . . .
I can get one from a GTI nice quick gearing or one from a Jetta which would
give me a high over all top speed . .  I'm think go with the GTI one if I go
with this trans option. .

Now my question is do the newer VW trans have the right spline for 16v's or am
I going to have to swap out that part and give myself a huge head ache, , ,
What do youz people think. .
Sorry had to say the "Youz" part.
Thanks a lot . .
~Danny~
88 16v Tornado Red
P.S. I plan to boast power in the car some more making me lean towards the
newer GTI tranny. .
And that tranny can handle Bigger wheel size Concedering that the gtis came
with 15/60's . .  or at least thats what myfriends GTI cam with . . .so bigger
wheels size shouldn't upset the speedo as much with the newer trans. . got all
this from the guys at the shop . . .just throwing it in for thought. .