RE: fuel consumption records

With my new engine and my odo finally working (as long as the miles on the
odometer will be right with the 100mph speedo 'stead of the 85) I've gotten
26 and 27 mpg of the last fill ups with half the driving high speed
freeway(>85), and the other half racing around town at 6k rpm! hehehe
Pretty good for a really modded engine i think.

At 01:35 PM 12/9/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Jason,
>
>thanks for sharing your fuel consumption, good to have something to
>compare to.
>
>Now, first off, I think that 1 US gallon is about 3.75 liters.  If my
>memory from Chemistry serves me right.
>
>Second, I have also been keeping track of my fuel consumtion. But I do it
>a bit differently than you did.  Here's what I do.  I always fill up all
>the way.  I always reset the trip odometer when refilling (after
>recording the previous reading) I always record the number of gallons
>purchased (since the price varies alot in the SF bay area).  This way I
>have a record of how much gas I used (the # of gallons to fill is the
>same as the #used because I'm filling to the same point (all the way
>full)), and of how far I drove on that gas.
>
>I don't have the numbers with me, but it's right around 27-30 mpg. I do
>mostly commuter driving in stop & go traffic. And I use the 92 octane
>(supreme, here in SFBA).
>
>It would be interesting to see what others are getting.  And if anyone is
>interested I could get the numbers I have and post them??
>
>NOTE:  I put on some 14" wheels with USED tires on them. I notices a big
>drop in mpg's. I'm now back to the 13" until I can afford a full set of
>dunlops.
>
>Jonas
>85 Scirocco.
>

>the mad bastard wrote:
>>hey people, i've been compiling my fuel consumption over the past
>>48
>>days, and i thought that i might share it all with you.
>>
>>	i drive a 2.0 16V mk1 jetta, and i drive the shit out of it,
>>just to
>>give you an idea of how the fuel is used....
>>
>>date		cost($)		amt(L)		$/L
>>10.21.98	15.00		23.62		63.5
>>10.28.98	18.61		28.23		65.9
>>10.28.98	22.77		33.00		65.9
>>10.29.98	15.08		20.07		64.9
>>10.30.98	18.00		27.73		64.9
>>11.04.98	23.65		35.67		63.5
>>11.11.98	22.23		35.00		63.5
>>11.17.98	22.90		33.07		63.5
>>11.21.98	14.76		23.84		61.0
>>11.25.98	15.93		23.02		63.3
>>11.26.98	17.53		27.31		60.5
>>11.27.98	15.07		21.5		59.9
>>11.28.98	13.96		22.20		62.9
>>12.02.98	14.80		23.53		62.9
>>12.04.98	21.21		31.40		57.3
>>12.08.98	13.66		16.82		61.9
>>		-----		-----  		----
>>  	       285.16  		426.01
>>
>>	all cash spent is done so in candian funds.  we go by litres(L)
>>up
>>here, for all youse below the border who were wondering.  i think
>>that
>>4L = 1 gallon, but i dunno for sure.  oh yeah, and i'm using the
>>sunoco
>>ultra 94...
>>
>>	so i figure that i'm currently consuming about $5.95 or so in
>>gas per
>>day.  i should make note that i put anywhere from 700 to 900 km
>>on my
> [...]
Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."