Re: How much is a close ratio tranny worth?

I'd say at least $150, probably more to some people.  I usually price my
trannies like so:

4 speeds - $75
wide ratio 5 speeds (like FF, FN, etc) - $150
close ratio 5 speeds (2H, 4K, etc) - $250
16v trannies (2Y, AGB) - $350

I've never had anybody complain

John

'87 16v Scirocco