Re: New Fuel Relay but no pump action (The woes continue...)

You can always do what I did in my Rabbit, which is use the stock foglight switch
to activate a relay that jumps terminals 30 and 87, which makes the fuel pump
relay entirely unecessary and bypasses the whole problem. I hate fuel pump relays-
they're nothing but trouble. Just make sure you use a relay if you do this, and
remember to turn it off when you turn the car off (it makes noise, so it's usually
not a problem). I burned out three switches and ruined a fuel pump by running the
current directly through the switch- it heated up like crazy and basically just
couldn't handle the current draw. Stupid me. : )
    -Josiah
    '84 GTi
    '86 Scirocco (buy me!)
    '87 QSW